One Choice Makes a Lifetime of Difference
We’re excited that you’re choosing NCTC! No matter what stage of life you’re in, NCTC is your home. We have students of every age and background. Come experience what makes us a good fit for so many students!
How We Make a Difference
Our open admissions policy means all students are admitted, regardless of previous academic history. Our courses can transfer to any in-state college or university if you plan to pursue a bachelor's degree, and our Career & Technical programs prepare you for the workforce. With online, hybrid, and in-person class options as well as an array of student support services, we offer the flexibility and resources you need to be successful!
To get started, just follow the steps listed below:
- Complete the application for Admission online at applytexas.org. (Note: Select NCTC Gainesville - you will choose your campus of attendance later in the application process)
Submit your official transcripts. (Your previous educational institution can provide them for you)
- Dual Credit students submit a high school transcript
- First-time college students submit high school transcript with graduation date or GED scores
- Transfer college students submit all college transcripts
Complete the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2) placement test and submit your scores to the Admissions Office OR check the catalog to see if you are exempt from taking the TSIA2 test! If testing is required, make arrangements to test at any NCTC Testing Center.
For more info about TSIA2, contact the Admissions Office.
- Submit bacterial meningitis vaccination. Students under the age of 22 must provide proof of immunization documentation.
TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY
If you're a transfer student, you will receive an email from Admissions to your personal email (on file from applying to NCTC) with a link to Transfer 101 Orientation. Please be on the look out for this email, don't forget to check your Junk Mail or Spam folder, and complete Transfer 101.
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships!
You can apply for scholarships through the Scholarship Office or the NCTC Scholarship Portal.
Deadlines: Fall Semester - Apr 15 | Spring Semester - Oct 15
For financial aid, fill out the FAFSA. Use code 003558 to have your financial aid information sent to NCTC.
Priority Dates: Fall Semester - Jun 1 | Spring Semester - Nov 1 | Summer Sessions - Apr 1
- Check Lion365 for all upcoming semesters and registration info, then contact your Advisor or Success Coach to choose your classes!